Sunday, September 5, 2010

I begin writing again

Just felt like a page where i can write things down without losing the sheet.
Figured mid sem breaks would be a good time to get myself going again, have doubts in myself for how long I'd be able to keep myself at it but one post is better than no posts right?
I I've had an epiphany for why I get injured at the gym - this is not the sore injury for a workout but a rigid pain that manifests and haunts me for days. It's because of the certain exercises we do that we weren't born to do much off. For example, as noticed I have quite a weak lower back which results in pain after almost any exercise that involves it in the slightest. I say this because, clearly my back hurts now ; oddly as a result of bicep curls where i bent my knees more than usual. Connection with my lower back pains? dunno actually.
I was recommended however to do more dead lifts to power up my lower back, but i really don't like them. So what now?
Also, i was warned that my ancestral (ancestral being older brother) that (as an asian especially) we have weak shoulder joints and that i should be taking it easy on the chest flies.
So two injury notes tonight to remember for future reference.

On a more energised note, I managed a 125kg bench for 4 reps recently, self psych much!
New challenge for myself is a new limit in dumbell presses @ 6 reps. Achieved 37.5kg today at the end of my workout. Hope to manage 6 reps with that be able to bust out 4 sets.

Another challenge I may as well note here - considering work towards this challenge has barely begun, I've been watching a lot of calisthenic workouts for the ghetto towns of the US and to be quite frank, I've linked them to be on a league of their own...for the time being at least.
I aim to achieve somewhere close to what they can do as my new year resolution. HOW DO YOU DO A PUSHUP WHILE IN A CHIN UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment